Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Just Got Back From Turkey And Now I Off To Morocco. Ask Me How I Live My Life, I'll Say Large

Sorry its taken so long to blog!  A lot has been happening these past two weeks.  I hit 3 continents in a matter of 10 days!  Two Thursdays ago I went left for Turkey and t was amazing.  I didn’t really know what to expect, but it was nothing like I would ever think of.  It is one of the most beautiful places to go from the parts of the world I’ve seen.  The Mosques are jaw dropping and the culture is fascinating.  I went to Asia while I was there because it’s the only city in the world that spans two continents.  After getting back on Tuesday I stayed in Barcelona for 40 hours then left for Morocco in AFRICA!!!!  Talk about an intense trip, but words can’t describe what it’s like to be there.  Everyone was in awe and liked Fez a lot (Who wouldn’t).  I’m back now and there’s no place like home in Barcelona where you can kind of understand people and you sort of know where your going which in Fez was impossible on both ends.

------------------------------------------------------
Morocco was a great experience an one that I will keep with me forever.  The city is vibrant and has a great amount of culture.  The city is a labyrinth of streets and roads that are crazy.  People that have lived there their whole life still get lost.  The Islamic architecture is inspiring 
and I am really glad I was able to visit.
----------------------------------------------------

Flag of Morocco


This is a picture of Africa taken from the plane.


This is a sketch of the Medersa or school and I was analyzing the division between the sacred and profane.  The sacred was divided by a stream that one passes over that is a symbolic cleansing.


This s another Medersa called the Medersa Sheratin and the thing that was interesting and I studied was the light wells.  Since a lot of the spaces in the huge structure are dark, the main focus was the availability of light.


This is the shop where we purchased a lot of pottery after seeing the factory in a small ceramics village.


This is one of the monkey we fed.




No comments: